Saturday 14 February 2009

Train In Vain

There's an over-saturation of Michigan sports blogs. If you want technical analysis there's Thee and Out. If you want funny there's the WLA. If you want news and information there's Varsity Blue. There are insanely good resources for basketball, hockey, photoshops, and coachBT. On top of all that there's MGoBlog... which, like, good luck sharing that market. Add to that about 20 other blogs and you get the picture. There is absolutely no good reason for anyone to start a Michigan focused blog. Period.

That said, welcome to my e-blog! I have no inside information, no technical knowledge of anything, really, and nothing to offer besides my thoughts and opinions. Why am I doing this? Because I like to write, I like Michigan football... and there's really no other good reason. If you dig it, awesome. If you don't, that's cool too. We're all just along for the ride.

7 comments:

Andy said...

First.

What the world REALLY needs is more Nick Sheridan love.

Unknown said...

Fake Coach BT say: Brodie blog good for BLOGGING, bad for BLOGGING PROGRAM

Wolverine Liberation Army said...

New Blog may be good for michigan BLOGOSPHERE. Need be good for all INTERNET.

CGC said...

you spelled epinion wrong.

-Chrisgo

Blue Durham said...

Brodie, good luck with the blog. I am certain it will be entertaining.

However, my image of you is entirely blown. I hopefully assumed that you chose to go by the handle "brodie" after my favorite childhood football player, John Brodie [I'm guessing you are going to have to google him to find out who he is].

That doesn't date me too much, now does it?

Brodie said...

John Brodie's daughter was The Bachelorette on year.

Blue Durham said...

I didn't know that, but then again, I don't follow The Bachelorette. I assume she's pretty good-looking.

John Brodie was actually one of the few 2-sport pro athletes. After his football career was over, I know he played on the senior tour, but I also recall him on the regular PGA tour as well, but I am not completely positive.